Tuesday 27 August 2013

The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini

Name: The Kite Runner
Author: Khaled Hosseini
Rating: 5 out of 5
Blurb:
"Afghanistan, 1975: Twelve-year old Amir is desperate to win the local kite-fighting tournament and his loyal friend Hassan promises to help him. But neither of the boys can foresee what will happen to Hassan that afternoon, an event that is to shatter their lives. After the Russians invade and the family is forced to America, Amir realizes that one day he must return to Afghanistan under Taliban rule to find the one thing his new world cannot grant him: redemption"
Review:
Okay I know I don't normally read books like this but I can safely say I adored this book, it is a gripping story which will play on your heartstrings can defiantly make you shed a tear or two, and the fact that this it is based off things that have actually happened make it a gripping read that will not disappoint you, as I could not put it down even though this is not the type of book I normally read it was so much better then I thought it would be
Ashleigh<3

No comments:

Post a Comment